- (Phone rings)
- Me: "Hello?"
- My car: "Hi. It's me"
- Me: "Hey! Where are you?"
- My car: "Dunno, think I'm on a train for Baltimore."
- My scooter: "Tell him my battery's almost dead.."
- My car: "Scooter says Hi"
- Me: "It's been 3 months, when you coming home?"
- My car: "Thought I'd take in an Orioles game, you know. See how it goes after that."
- Me: "I'm cancelling your insurance."
- My car: "I'll be right there"
It's now 3 months since I turned over my household possessions, car and scooter to the packing company. Latest delivery news: It's all heading to Baltimore and should arrive next Monday. So if there's no other problems, I may see everything sometime next week.
After being overseas and moving to Virginia, I knew I'd need to get a new driver license for operating the car and scooter. My old Iowa license hadn't expired yet, but VA DMV requires residents to get a VA license. It's odd, but I still didn't think of Virginia as my new home location when I bought my house. I think after all the years of renting and moving around I just thought of it as another rental, with a bigger monthly payment and no landlord. But after getting my license it's clear I'm a Virginia resident now.