just a quick post to say this week brought many surprises and satisfying results.
- "if you stay we'll give you cake"
- - one year completed in vladivostok, no complaints and two more to go.
- "like taking candy from a baby"
- - not literally but since i completed a year already, i received a nice bonus check for serving at a "hardship?" post. ok, it's not exactly sydney but i can imagine more dire conditions than the lousy driving and cold weather i see here.
- "another fiber that's good for you"
- - after arriving and seeing the horrendous internet access we had at work, i sloughed ahead with months of researching, testing and getting a new fiber optic connection setup for work. today was the first unveiling of the faster internet speed. i was beginning to think there was actually a site called "Failed DNS Lookup" when our old service timeout trying to find a web page.
- - the vacuum sound of telephone companies losing customers to skype, vonage and other internet phone providers" - i completed a VoIP install for work and now Americans can once again reach out and explain where vladivostok is to their relatives.
- "the following program has been canceled so we may bring you this special presentation"
- - my russian class was cancelled today due to my teacher feeling under the weather. not that i don't like my russian class, it's just today i knew i was backed up at work, but i didn't want to wuss out and call to cancel it.
i could go on but you get the point.
did you know puppies lose their puppy teeth around 5-6 months of age? i didn't. someone asked me about it and i thought they were joking. right after that i found lucia's first tooth in the carpet and a second one tonight when we were playing her favorite game of fetch. it's more like bounce because she loves to catch the ball after a bounce. it looks awesome and i think i get more of a bang out of it than she does. she's doing great and loving the walks. we even met a few other dogs that she was able to play with while i tried to relax yet remain watchful that it didn't get out of hand.
qaaq222222222`````````a (lucia's addition to the post, as she tried stealing the keyboard from me)